Thursday, March 4, 2010

End of Winter Term

The term was heading to a close and I was preparing to take finals and finish papers. Then I was hit with the hardest news of my life. The doctor gave my dad days to live. This set my world into a tailspin. I could not see straight, or hold an intelligent thought in my head, let alone study, or prepare a well thought out essay.

The doctor gave my dad days to live. I got the news on February 4. He has been living with my mom in a skilled nursing facility, mostly for her. My dad and I were very close. He was a large animal veterinarian for 50 years. He then retired and took on a small animal clinic until he was physically unable to handle the required continuing education. He moved in with me and my family, until he got sick and was unable to stay with me anymore. Within six months after he moved out of my home, he made his final move to heaven.

I still cry in the middle of the day for no apparent reason. It has been three weeks since he left, friends say it gets easier, I'm waiting for that to happen. If you have lost a parent, please accept my sincerest sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment